Going to holiday parties? Need to bring something, but not sure who eats what and who likes what? Thanks to Nigella Lawson I’ve got your go-to right here.
We’ve never met disappointment when we’ve used this recipe. We’ve tried others and hers is a stellar winner every single time. Nearly every flavor is represented–savory rosemary, sweet brown sugar, spicy cayenne & salty–umm–salt.
- 2 c various nuts–preferably raw, unsalted (almonds, cashews, pecans, macadamia, peanuts, walnuts, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter (or 2 tsp olive oil if you need a vegan version)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary–the finer, the better
- 2 tsp brown sugar (we use dark)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Roast nuts in a 350-400°F oven for 10-15 mins, just until you can really smell them and they brown a little. Don’t forget to set the timer. Burnt nuts make everyone sad.
- While the nuts are roasting melt the butter, chop the rosemary & put all the remaining ingredients into a small bowl to mix together to form a sweet, spicy, savory goo.
- When the nuts are done, put them in a large bowl or pan and drizzle with the delicious goo. Toss to coat, then enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- I’d put a note in here about eating them within a week or two, but I promise that won’t be a problem for you.
If you try these–or if I’ve made them for you, please share your thoughts. Care to share any of your go-to party or entertaining recipes?