I freely admit that I’m highly susceptible to the power of suggestion. I recently read a recipe in Bon Appetit for a shaken egg white cocktail. Fast forward a few days to when I was in the mood for a nightcap. I decided to give it a try. Here’s what I did:
- 2 oz. strawberry vodka
- 0.5 oz. thyme simple syrup
- 1 egg white (save the yolk for adding to an omelet or bread)
- ice, lots of it
- club soda
- thyme sprig
- Pour strawberry vodka, thyme simple syrup & egg white into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously (like a boss) for 30 seconds.
- Add lots of ice, shake until freezing cold, about 10-15 seconds.
- Pour over ice in chilled glass. Top with just a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme & enjoy!
The cocktail itself was good but I think it needed something more, like rhubarb bitters or a bit of Cointreau. However, the creaminess from the egg white was spot on. I’m eager to try more.
Have you made or sampled any inventive cocktails lately?
One Comment Add yours
This looks so good!